Five key questions
If you’re going to give up more of your time in exchange for money, it’s important to have a clear picture of what you want:
- Are you saving for something special – a house deposit, new car, trip of a lifetime?
- Do you want to do more fun stuff? Have more freedom? Take more family trips?
- Are you struggling to pay off debt?
- Are you starting a Plan B for your future?
How much money?
- How much do you actually want or need to earn? How much will deliver your Why?
- How quickly do you need to start earning? Can you take a long view, or is it urgent?
- Do you need a regular income from your side hustle? Or can it be something more casual?
How much time?
- How much time can you spend on it every week? Be realistic, you still need to eat and sleep, and have a life, or you probably won’t stick at it for long.
- Can you commit to that time? Or do you need some flexibility?
Short-term or long-term?
- Is this a temporary solution to a problem or need?
- Or is it something you want to build up for your future? Maybe to replace your full-time job?
These are the kind of questions I like to ask people when they join my team to start their own home-based business. It doesn’t matter if you don’t have all the answers right now, but it’s definitely worth asking the questions. So watch out for my next post giving some ideas which will cover all these requirements.